It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Organical Thanksgiving
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:21 pm 

Have a blessed organical Thanksgiving. Just don't gobble, gobble up all the food :wink:

What are you organically thankful for?

For me:

I am thankful for Mr. Dirt Doctor, who had boldly preached and teached about organic methods. Think what would happened if he cowardly backed off; this forum would have never exist.

For the beauty of trees and nature that the Lord has created. I have always enjoy looking of how beautiful oak trees can be. And they don't do anything much, except just beautifing the area. People say they give oxygen. They do. But if that is all we could have just boxes all over the earth.

Thankful Dude

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:14 am 

Well I think one thing is certain: we wouldn't even have the choice to purchase organic materials at area stores. It may not be as common as we'd like, but it's sure better than just a few years ago when you couldn't really find *anything* organic in the area.

I think it may have also been a factor in some local municipalities backing off a bit from aggressive toxic spraying to try to deal with West Nile. It seems now the discussion is at least a bit more intelligent regarding this topic. Now more seem to know that such spraying often back-fires because it more readily kills the natural predators of mosquitoes than the mosquitoes themselves, making subsequent seasons even worse than before. That knowledge and discussion wasn't taking place before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:02 pm 

I am thankful for so many, many things. Thank you for reminding us all why we celebrate Thanksgiving. A few of the simple things that I am organically thankful for:

- the lettuce and carrot greens that have sprouted in my garden all on their own. I have been starting my mornings with green smoothies and feel so energetic. Check them out on google.
- the beautiful fall color of the trees. This year is one of the more beautiful years for the DFW area with many reds, oranges and yellows.
- for the beautiful warm weather we have had this week and the recent rains this fall.
- for the number of persons who frequent this site trying to work with nature rather than killing it with manmade chemicals.
- for God blessing us and our country so abundantly.

Eat real food! Mary