It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Injector Fertilizing
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:02 pm 

Has anyone had any success with fertilizer injectors (injecting fertilizer right into sprinkler system)? I thought about building my own but came across a system from EZ flo (http://www.ezflofertilizing.com/) It looks a little pricy but may be well worth it. They claim to be organic but so do many others. It’s a very popular buzz word. The way they explain it…you use their water soluble or liquid fertilizer (high NPK )organic fertilizers at extremely low rates introduced uniformly to the lawn. I did some math and it would have to be pretty high concentrations of fertilizers to be any effective at the rates they claim to be applying the liquid on the lawn. For example, a 2.5 gal. tank could last from 37,500 gal. slow rate to 1,000 gal. fast rate. Still seems a bit low for me on the fertilizer app. Rate. Anyones thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Injector Fertilizing
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:56 pm 

Without double checking your math, you are at least correct in the end result. It takes gallons of liquid fish food fertilizer to equate to the pounds of protein you can get from an application of soy bean meal or alfalfa. Someone at Arizona State is wrestling with that right now. He finally convinced the staff that using used coffee grounds is a lot more cost effective than using liquid fish breath.