It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 12:07 pm 

1)Sodium Metaslicate
2)Glyco Ether EB
3)Potassium Hydroxide

They are included in a cleaning solution that also contains D-Lymonine (the stuff from orange peelings). A friend has given me some of the cleaning solution to try. She has told me that it is organic, but it smells a bit like a pinesol or something chemical with just a hint of orange smell. I currently use Orange TKO and it is straight D-Lymonine with nothing else added and it only smells like oranges.

Does anyone know? :roll:

Post subject: Potassium Hydroxide
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:24 am 

I looked on the internet for these items. This is the only thing I came up with on Potassium Hydroxide. Read this web site....

http://ptcl.chem.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/PO/potas ... oxide.html

I looked the others up in my cleaning book and the only one mentioned was the ether. It was an ingredient in air fresheners. It didn't say if it was bad or not.

Hope this is somewhat helpful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 9:49 am 

Hmmm....Thanks Bernice. How many cleaning books do you have? I'm new at using non-toxic cleaning products and I would appreciate your opinion as to which books you have and which you would actually recommend. I plan to purchase the one I think you mentioned previously Clean Home, Clean Planet...I think I have the exact title written down somewhere. Also, if you purchase books often, the best place I have found for price is a web site www.buy.com . I usually read the information about the books on Amazon, then buy the books at buy.com. They usually have free shipping, no minimum $$ amount to get the free shipping. I'm also going to purchase a book....or maybe 2 about using essential oils to make my own lotions, body washes etc. I'm trying to narrow it down now. If you have any suggestions about this I would welcom those too. Or if you would like me to pass along any recepies I find useful. I hope I can find something for razor burn! I know Lavander is soothing, but I just don't know how much and what kind of carrier oil is best for which purpose. :roll:
Have a nice day :D

Post subject: books
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 9:27 am 

Hello Shelly. I have two books on cleaning. One is "Clean House, Clean Planet" by Karen Logan
The other is "Clean & Green" by Annie Berthold-Bond
I have used the first mentioned most.

I don't know anything about making lotions with essential oils but sure wouldn't mind you sharing some recipes!! :)

Oh, and thank you for the web site recommendation on where to buy books, I will have to check it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:40 pm 

Thanks Bernice,
I have added that book to my list of books to order. I like to order 2 or 3 at one time when I do finally place an order. I'll will try some of the recipes and post any that I find that work well.