It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Raw Food Lifestyle
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:16 pm 

anyone here intrigued by the Raw Food Lifestyle?

Post subject: Re: Raw Food Lifestyle
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:03 pm 

patchouli wrote:
anyone here intrigued by the Raw Food Lifestyle?

To a degree :-)

I spent a lot of time reading labels when I was on my back after cancer surgery last summer. When I was back on my feet there were some serious changes. Processed foods are horrid in terms of the nutrient content and there is a lot of c*** on our food and in our water that I don't want in me.

My organic garden is one part of my response to that, I also look for some good raw food supps, probiotics and try to get meat as natural as possible, wild caught fish instead of farm raised, etcetera.

I figure 5000 years ago there weren't many pre-packaged 1000 calorie microwave meals loaded with preservatives and nutrient poor vegetables, hormone and antibiotic laden meat etcetera. People ate a lot of fruits and roots and had to outrun or outhink their protein if they wanted meat - that protein in turn ran like hell to get away from them, drank clean water and ate fresh grasses.

The organic thing is one response to my being very pissed off about cancer. Now that it's beat I have no great desire to invite another one.

I'm not a zealot about it, I do however substitute brown rice for white, grass fed beef/bison over feedlot, fresh veggies from my garden over grocery and figure that anything with a shelf life exceeding my own life expectancy isn't food.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:07 pm 

I like to eat potatos,corn,green beans and other veggies raw rather then cooking them but that;s abot it.My meat has to be cooked. :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:42 am 

Yes, I have been eating 'raw' for about a year...I am not 100% raw...probably 90%...love the green smoothies & can tell an improvement in my skin & teeth...my eyes have even improved (eye Dr. was impressed & told him about my diet)...so, I am a believer...however, I do not carry it to an extreme...if I feel like fish, I do fish...but I am a very impressed with the raw eating & the food dishes are amazingly delicious!!!
Linda

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:21 am 

ljmcdm wrote:
Yes, I have been eating 'raw' for about a year...I am not 100% raw...probably 90%...love the green smoothies & can tell an improvement in my skin & teeth...my eyes have even improved (eye Dr. was impressed & told him about my diet)...so, I am a believer...however, I do not carry it to an extreme...if I feel like fish, I do fish...but I am a very impressed with the raw eating & the food dishes are amazingly delicious!!!
Linda

Good for you, I am only about 30% raw, but I do try to eat at least part of every meal with something raw. I also take digestive enzymes to supplement my meals as I know that anything cooked has all the enzymes killed. I am trying to increase the raw amount, but it is hard as my wife in not into anything healthy, white bread and white rice etc. I have finally gotten her into eating real whole wheat bread, but only by buying it myself

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:11 pm 

The only raw food I eat is a hotdog from the freezer. I'm not into a Japanese way of food lifestyle. I don't like much sushi and stuff. But if you testifies that raw foods could somehow good for the teeth and of course, to the appetite. I think, I'll try it. Thanks for posting. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:33 pm 

Hi,

The organic thing is one response to my being very pissed off about cancer. Now that it's beat I have no great desire to invite another one.