It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Hello from a new member
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:17 am 

Hello Everyone. I am an new member to the Ground Crew and look forward to the information available on this site. I am the Garden Manager for Clark Gardens. My mother and father started the gardens and my father at 81 years old works about 60-70 hours a week, digging, pulling weeds, planting, etc.

I have a confession...throughout my adult life I have been a basic backyard gardener, not necessarily inheriting my parents ability or vision for gardening. My background is in management and marketing. I came to be part of the business when my mother was unable to continue to help my Dad due to alzheimers.

So here I am, working daily in a beautiful garden trying to glean as much knowledge as I can from my Dad at the same time as joining groups like this. I look forward to "meeting and sharing" with my new friends.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:50 am 

Hi Carol. I just joined too. Although I'm not sure if any one else uses this forum. Oh well, Nice to meet you, Ethan. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:47 am 

Hi,

I am new to this forum and glad to be a part of this. i hope that i can learn more and share my ideas and thoughts as well.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:03 am 

Hi Everyone,
I just joined too. I stumbled upon www.dirtdoctor.com while researching a fungus that is killing my lawn and read about using cornmeal to treat it instead of expensive, toxic chemicals. I was hooked. I've always wanted to be a organic farmer.
Carol, I saw the Clark Gardens website. Absolutely beautiful! Also looks like allot of work! Coincindentally, my 82 yr. old father has been gradually turning his 80 acre farm in central Texas into a big park and my Mother also has Alztheimer's. God bless them!
I'm looking forward to reading & learning from Dirt Doctor forums too!
Janice aka 'Texcoast'