It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:23 pm 

Talked to Sammy Rains the other day and he said he didn't have any hay. May'be he had it sold or wasn't going to sell it. It's terrible as big as the state of Texas is and you can't find organic hay. Guess I'll have to lease some more land and make my own. If anybody hears of anything I'd appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:31 pm 

I hear ya brother, I have to go out of sate to find organic grains for my chickens. I need raw grains so I can sprout them. Purina just came out with an organic chicken feed but it has soy in it and it is extruded - I can't sprout extruded feed.
Tony M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:23 pm 

I'm new to the web site and computers in general. I'm a hay producer in Bastrop tx, 30 miles east of austin. This year I will have over 350 acres of hay grown organicaly, coastal,fine stem haygrazer,bluestem-gamma mix and a new grass called "teff grass" highly palatable, high protein comparable to timothy. Prices will be comparable to chemicaly grown hay.I'll have approx. 1000 5x5 rounds and 2000 sqares contact me @ 512-716-9081

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:19 pm 

Bravo, Terry T and welcome to the forum! We are so pleased to see more growers joining the revolution. :lol:

I also know of two growers and one product rep who will apply natural and/or organic products to fields in west Texas, around the Abilene/Brownwood/Stephenville area. One is a personal friend and has been in the human natural health community for years, but is settling down to run a horse rescue on her 140 acres.

Kathe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:41 am 

Terry, are those large squares or smaller bales? when is your first cutting, I will be needing some hay in May

Post subject: Organic Alfalfa!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:37 am 

Hey Ya'll.
I also have a source for about to be certified organic Alfalfa from west Texas. Been grazing his own horses and dairy cattle on it for over 18 years - was always organic and finally decided to share this wealth of hay with the rest of the world. Over 480 acres this year and double next. He's looking to supply for horse folks and will bale in smaller, easier to handle 2 string bales. Let me know at the shop if you are interested.

Thanks!

214-348-EDEN (3336)
Your Paradise Found

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:10 am 

I have more info on this alfalfa - came back with a 24.7 protein and a rfv of 127. We'd like to ship a full truck load to make it worth the trip from Pecos. Price will be $11 bale, plus whatever freight comes to - usually $2/bale on a full truck. Certified organic and blister beetle free. Small bales, easy to handle, excellent quality first cut alfalfa. Great for ladies having to carry hay on the road with barrel horses or just to supliment your feed program on working horses of course.

Call the ranch phone (469-774-8947) or my shop (below) - thanks.
Marie

214-348-EDEN (3336)
Your Paradise Found

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:41 pm 

Dear Fellow Organic Farmers and Growers,
Great organic hay available. I have 25 bales of organic hay. Large round (5x5) bales of Higeri and Johnsongrass hay. High quality and tightly rolled - no rain on it. It is stored under the barn near Talpa, Texas. I am asking $65 per bale for it. I can load and haul 6 bales at a time for interested customers. I will help load if you haul it.