It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: computerized plants
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:42 pm 

Is it okay to buy a plant or tree on www . I have no care about buying one online because
1. I do not know where it came
2. It came from a different soil and state
3. I do not know if they are cared for properly(health of soil, damage roots and limbs)
4. If I really wanted it, I could just go to Green Mamas or some other type stores near me right now instead of waiting for 7 days.

Has anyone bought anything(plants of course) online. How was it? Was it all in one piece?

Thank you for any comments.

Tree Dude

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:23 pm 

I will admit, I have purchased plants online. I have given in to the beautiful pictures in the catalogs that I am inundated with each week. :roll: A few have done well, but on the average, I must admit it was not worth the money. The plants are hardy to the area, so I had hoped for better results.

On the other hand, I have had great results from seed purchased from www.seedsource.com. I believe most every seed germinated, and the plants are doing great! :)

The most successful plants in my garden are ones that I have purchased locally from nurseries and garden centers that grow them organically. :D Proper care and nutrients are of great importance especially during the early stages of development. Plants raised organically perform much better than those started on high nitrogen fertilizers!

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:49 pm 

I know it is a bit of a drive, but the Denton Organic Society has a seed exchange at every meeting. You do not really have to bring any, if you do not have them. The next meeting will be in January.
:wink:

I know there are inland sea oats, zinnia, coreopsis, and squash seeds. Also available is partridge pea seed.

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach