It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:37 pm 

My Husband and I are both Diabetics. We both have stomach trouble.
He more then I, and he had byepass surgery 4 years ago.

A few weeks ago he was in the hospital for a few days, our doctor says he had Gastroparesis/ do to his diabetis so high.

The hospital said he had Gastritis. Tested by a scope down his stomach.

Is there an herb tea, or something to help aid digestion?

Post subject: Gastritis
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:32 pm 

I have found that Ginger is really good to help digest your food and help to eliminate indigestion.

Post subject: Help is on the Way
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:50 pm 

Try visiting a Better Health or Whole Foods market in the area. There are several. Just check the web or phone book. Both have people in them who can offer you information and suggest products to try, and both have books on managing your conditions with nutritional therapy, herbal extracts and supplements. You can make simple changes in your food choices and see remarkable results in a short period of time.

Kathe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:35 am 

Four herbal items that come to mind are peppermint, fenugreek, licorice root, and slippery elm.

Post subject: gastritis
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:00 am 

This is a little late but I just read the post about Essiac tea-even tho the side effects list nausea, it states it is used for gastric upset as well as diabetes. here is the link:

http://www.nci.nih.gov/cancerinfo/pdq/cam.essiac

Patty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:39 pm 

Hello! Saw your post and had to reply.
One of the things I would check into is:
what made the body stressed in the first place, to allow the disease vector to effect it? Just as plants under stress get attacked by diseases, pests, etc., so does the human body.
To find out what happened to weaken the body, one can try many different routes. One that I am familiar with is called Neuro Emotional Technique, or NET. As you can probably guess, it is based on finding out which emotions you've had (over your lifetime) that effected you, and how your body has reacted, then releasing them. (If you're familiar with "muscle armorings", that is a good example of what the body will do.) You can check it out on the web at www.netmindbody.com, which will have links to various doctors who are trained in it. One that is close to you is Dr. Trottier, in Dallas. www.drtrottier.com
Having had personal experience with her, I can say she is wonderful. My wife had one of the 6 worst cases of Crohn's disease in DFW (her gastroenterologist said to "let her in NOW" if we ever called for an emergency checkup to his office) -- there are 1000's of folks in DFW with Crohns or the related ulcerative colitis. I won't go into detail about Crohn's, other than to say there is no cure (from western medical perspective), and yet she is Crohn's-free now, thanks to Dr. Trottier.
The technique is non-hypnotic, and uses no antibiotics or surgeries.
Good luck!
Zoo Man

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:49 pm 

Mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and honey. Shake well and drink 1-2 Tablespoons in a glass of warm water with each meal. Use locally grown honey. It is best if you use upasteurized apple cider vinegar to get all of the minerals!