It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: zeolite
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:54 pm 

I need to locate a source of zeolite in Texas.
Can anyone help me with this.
CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:54 pm 

Ck your feed stores. It is used to deodorize horse stalls & available most anywhere. I'm not sure, but I believe it is called Sweet PDF by the feed places.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:30 am 

Interesting!

I called my local equine clinic here in Alabama, and asked about it. The vets here say that they have never heard of it! It must be mostly available in Texas.

Is zeolite a good micronutrient mineral soil amendment, that is cheaper than seaweed products?

The entire Kingdom of God can be totally explained as an Organic Garden (Mark 4:26)
William Cureton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:31 pm 

I just bought a bag at Wells Bros Farm store in Mckinney. They have a store in Plano also. I use it for cat litter. It's called "efficient Z", made by Gardenville.
Tony M

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:35 pm 

I wonder how much the bag of zeolite cost? I have done some work on a zeolite mine in Presidio Co.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:11 pm 

I don't remember the exact price, but I do remember that it was fairly cheap. I bought mine at Boyd's feed between Springtown & Azle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:40 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Go to H-E-B and check out the Hill Country brand of kitty litter in the blue bag. It is 100% Zeolite. I've talked to Malcolm Beck (Garden-Ville) about it. His product comes from the same Zeolite mine as the kitty litter does. The only difference is that the kitty litter is a larger particle. Do you have a hammer?

Zeolite is a natural filtering material like activated charcoal. When you open up a counter-top water filter you'll see it is 99% Zeolite and 1% carbon particles.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:12 pm 

Thanks to all who offered help in finding zeolite in Texas. Tractor Supply Co. does carry it , but not at the store nearest me. I would have to do a special order ...a pallett of 50 bags @ appx. $4.50 per bag.....a little bit more than I need!

I use 2 particle sizes: (1) fine...like sand...for gardening and (2) medium...like pea gravel for the waterfall filter in my outdoor goldfish pond. (algae control)

I accidentally discovered that Lowe's has zeolite; they just don't know it. They sell it as "filter sand" for swimming pools under the brand name Aqua-Chem @$19.95 for 20 lb. bag. A bit pricey, but still less than I have been paying to have it shipped from Nevada.

I am now reading the "contents" of every brand of kitty litter I see. Maybe this is how I will finally find an economical source.

For those curious about the uses and properties of zeolite, go to http://www.safetysorb.com/applications.htm.

CC